This is 25.
This is 25.
Another year older and certainly a whole lot wiser.
24 was crazy. I moved across the country. I finished my first year of medical school. I overcame Imposter Syndrome (sometimes I still have it). I did a lot of self-reflection, self-therapy, self-discovery. I survived a near-death experience. I mourned and am still mourning the loss of a loved one. I started a blog. I started a research study. I connected with an amazing medical community who inspire me everyday. I accepted different leadership roles in various organizations that I am very passionate about. And I am paying it forward.
I laughed. I screamed. I cried A LOT. I felt happy. I found purpose. I became enlightened. And most importantly, I found myself again.
I’ve always been told, “you’re mature for your age.” Sometimes, I feel like a 50 year old stuck in a 20 something year old’s body. I am definitely an old soul – a soul that is continuously being challenged in this life to be better.
I’ve always said that life is constantly trying to teach you something. And this past year has taught me A LOT. 24 was life changing.
Some lessons I have learned this year:
- You only ever live the life you create for yourself.
- Some kind of failure always occurs before success.
- You don’t have to wait for an apology to forgive.
- Some people are simply the wrong match for you and that’s ok.
- It’s not other people’s job to love you; it’s yours.
- Other people’s opinions are none of your business.
- What you own is not who YOU are.
- Nothing is for certain. Anything can change at any second.
- Let go and let life strengthen you.
- It’s mind over matter, ALWAYS.
I am excited to see what 25 will teach me. Cheers to 25!