Hi, I’m Angela!
I am a medical student at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine – New York. I was born & raised in Los Angeles, California. I’m a first generation Vietnamese-American student. I am a virgo, travel addict, and adrenaline junkie. I’m all about spreading love and light into the universe. POSITIVE VIBES ONLY. I started this blog for many reasons. As the soon-to-be first physician in my family, I had zero guidance on how to get into medical school. My personal journey in medical school has been met with much adversity but I truly believe that adversity is necessary to build character. Traveling literally fills my soul. I travel because I need to. I travel because my adventurous spirit can’t live according to “norm.” I travel to regroup, to learn & educate myself. To find joy in the ordinary & peace in exploring.
I will be sharing the following topics on my blog:
- Pre-med advice: to help those who want to pursue a degree in medicine, things I wish I knew & my personal pre-med journey.
- Medical school: to provide insight about the realities of medical school & hopefully alleviate some stress with tips along the way.
- Travel tips: itineraries & tips on where to go in the hopes of helping you save some time & money.
- Lifestyle topics: to address any other miscellaneous topics that may be of use to anyone. These articles will likely consist of things that I wish someone told me or wish I knew when I was younger – so basically, letters to my 15-year-old self.
If I can help at least one person with the wisdom I have to share, then I will have done my due diligence.
If you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out!
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I’m #3 of 4 daughters to my parents who are Vietnamese immigrants that escaped to the US after the Vietnam War.
- I graduated from the University of California, Irvine in 2016 with a B.S. in Human Biology. ⠀
- My middle name is Lanh, which means “to heal” in Vietnamese. Totally coincidental because I’m studying to be a physician.
- I’m an adrenaline junkie & love to do adventurous things.
- I’ve bungee jumped, skydived & cliff jumped multiple times. Once into the Atlantic Ocean. My highest jump was 50ft. (Never doing that again. Landed on my butt & as you can imagine it was very painful) ⠀
- I’m a travel bug. I love discovering new places & learning about other cultures.⠀
- I feel most at peace when I’m in nature, especially at National Parks where the Earth is conserved to enhance the natural heritage of the area.
- I’ve done nails during my youth in Compton, CA where we have a family business & I enjoy making women feel beautiful.⠀
- My favorite holiday is Christmas because we get to be with our loved ones & I’m obsessed with Christmas lights & anything festive.
- I love me some carpool karaoke & dancing although I’m not great at it.